HeyBud Terms of Services
Initial Effective Date: October 10, 2021 (GMT)
Latest Revised Date: October 12, 2021 (GMT)
- If You are having suicidal thoughts or planning to act on suicidal thoughts, or if You feel that You may be a danger to Yourself or to others, or if You otherwise have any medical or mental health emergency or severe mental health condition, or if You are in a crisis or trauma or abuse, please discontinue use of the Service immediately and call the relevant emergency number in Your country and notify the police or emergency medical Services.
- We do not require any personal identifiers or sensitive data hence we do not ask for it. You have the option to limit sharing of Your Personal data (such as full name, date of birth, contact numbers, address, financial identifiers, government-provided identifiers) or Your medical-related data or any other sensitive data (such as religious or political opinions, financial data) when You use Heybud and Services.
- Your interaction with the Heybud is with a human. The human is restricted in the means of response, and the intended use is for providing evidence-based tools and techniques to manage emotions and encourage mental well-being in a self-help context. It is not intended for providing diagnosis, treatment or cure of a condition or disease. Heybud cannot and will not offer advice on issues it does not recognize.
- The Heybud Services will use text-based messaging to apply motivational interviewing and life coaching to help You work towards Your personal well-being goals. The Service will focus on building wellness and emotional resilience. The underlying principle of the Well-being Coach Service is that You have the knowledge and capacity to make desired changes in Your life. The role that a Well-being Coach will play is to support You in finding Your own way, help You tap into Your own strengths and abilities, so that You can identify and use resources around You to fill any gaps.
- The Heybud Therapist/Psychologist Service is also a text-based messaging service. It will use person-centered supportive listening, motivational interviewing and CBT principles to help You to take control of Your mental and emotional well-being. Heybud Therapists will draw on various evidence-based techniques to provide empathetic and non-judgmental support. The Heybud Therapist will listen to Your worries empathetically, promote positivity and support You in making successful lifestyle changes, so that You can manage Your situation better and build emotional resilience.
- Heybud Well-being Coach and Heybud Therapist services are not intended to be a replacement for face-to-face psychotherapy or to provide a diagnosis, prognosis, treatment or cure for a disease/condition/disorder or disability or provide any type of state-regulated mental health services in Your country of residence. It is an enabling and empowering mode of support, rather than treatment of illness or a health condition.
- By using the Heybud Well-being Coach or Heybud Therapist Services, You understand and agree that the Coach assigned to work with You will be located remotely and may not be located in Your country or state of residence.
- Heybud and Heybud Well-being Coaches and Heybud Therapists cannot and will not offer medical or clinical advice. In case You mention the need for such advice, they will suggest that You seek advanced (medical) help.
- Please first consult a healthcare professional before using Heybud or Bud’s Sleep Room, if You have any of the following conditions- Pregnancy, Sleep Apnea, Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), Seizures or Epilepsy, hallucinations or nightmares, sleep walking, excessive daytime sleepiness, dizziness or tremors. Heybud, Bud’s sleep room may not be right for You if You are; a child under 13 years, someone with severe mental or physical condition or disorder, a shift worker, someone who regularly keeps changing sleep schedules or someone who sleeps at times that are out of sync with Your body’s natural rhythm.
- For safety and security reasons, We strongly recommend that You keep Your conversations with Heybud private.
- By using the Service, You understand and agree that Your submitted Data will be transferred, stored and processed in Our secure servers hosted by our cloud service providers in a region different from your country or state of residence.
Changes in v3 | October 17, 2021
Who can Use the Service?
If Your Institution specifies a different age restriction, such as at least 18 and above, as a condition of using this Service, that restriction shall apply rather than the one above.
If You use the Heybud Well-being Coach or Wysa Therapist Service or Heybud or Bud’s sleep room, You will be asked to provide a Parental or Legal Guardian consent if You reveal Your age to be between 13 and 18 years. You will be required to inform Your parents or legal guardian and have them send Us an email consent to [email protected] or [email protected] directed by Your HeybudWell-being Coach or Heybud Therapist or Heybud , using the same email ID that was used to subscribe to Our Service. Without receiving parental or legal guardian consent, We will be unable to offer Our full Services.
Heybud reserves the right to refuse access to the Service or terminate Your account if eligibility is not met, at its sole discretion. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Heybud.
Subject to Terms and Condition, You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service for Your personal use only and as permitted by the features of the Service. Heybud reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Heybud Content (as defined later in this agreement). Heybud may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.